Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Day 34 Update - A Survey

I have been reading alot this past month and have been excited that I have got back to reading more...
So far I have read:
John Grishams` - The Broker
Doyle Brunsons` - Super System
and I am 90% with Tom Clancys` - Patriot Games

However, I used to read the newspaper when I worked at the Car Wash in a former life and I would like to get back to doing that. I would read about 90% of the Paper each morning..

So my question is this avid readers(if there are any)...

DOES READING THE PAPER COUNT AS A BOOK?

DOES READING THE PAPER FOR A WEEK EQUAL A BOOK?


Please click on the "Comment" Tab at the end of today's blog and tell me what you think. I will post the results to the Survey with some kind of graph or something... I have mad blog skills!!!

Thanks for the help!


"YOU CAN HAVE ANYTHING THAT YOU WANT IF YOU WANT IT BADLY ENOUGH"

3 comments:

James said...

I think so, the average novel, double spaced and fit to a publishable print size is only going to run between 50 and 100,000 words. Although a newspaper is hard to calculate with advertisements, classifieds and what not, I would guess the average word count of a national newspaper is somewhere in the range of 400,000 words. EVEN assuming it was half that and only 200,000, if you read 90% of that x7, I think you'd far exceed the average book. That's assuming that you actually read 90% of it, I presume that would mean pretty much every article less maybe the classifieds. But over the course of a week, yeah, I'd say it counts.

little erin said...

i'm going to have to disagree. reading one paper does not equal one book. i think one of the main reasons is because in the paper you have all these little mini-stories (which much of the time aren't that interesting or well written), so there are always interruptions.

although, i do read the paper daily, and i think people who do deserve some credit for it, so i say maybe everyday for a week= one book.

regardless, congrats on reading so much!

Alex said...

Gotta go with Erin on this one. Books and newspapers are totally different creatures. Knowing you though, you won't have a problem taking care of this with just actual books.